South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not what it seems

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not what it seems Empty Not what it seems

Post by chamber66 Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Well found myself a nice shiny YZ250 on E-Bay for a good price and spec. The bike was listed as a 2008 almost new bike. I did one of those vehicle status reports on the E-Bay page for £7. Which came back all fine and dandy clearly stating that the bike was manufactured in 2008 and first registered in 2009, Great stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , Any way started thinking this bike is to good a deal, so checked the frame and engine numbers with Yamaha and the bike is an 05 model bought into the country in 2004. So really pissed off especially with the poxy check people, just proves these things are shit. Still going to sell the KTM though as i've always wanted a sorted YZ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Not what it seems Empty Re: Not what it seems

Post by tricks Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Yamaha did this alot, i sold alot of WR's when i worked for them, they were 2004 models but registered on 06-07 plates.

So what you plannig on doing Chambers?. I thought you wern't biking for a while or are you going down the H&H route?
tricks
tricks

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:02 pm

my wr,s a 04 model on a 05 plate only found out after buying parts [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

what has the seller said? try and get a few pounds off?
still a cheap alloy framed yz
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:33 am

Saw an old advert for it via Google which said it had had a complete engine rebuild. Leaving it alone, as it sounds dodgy to me and I already have a newer bike
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 am

newer means fook all unless your one of the swansea snobs that has to out do mr jones next door [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
from what i remember dident you have to rebuild yours shortly after buying it.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:41 am

Plenty of bikes that year for the price, Just don't see the point of paying extra for a bike that is older than mine, that will need some moding. And sorry age really is important especially in dirt bikes
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:39 am

Totally disagree Chambers, unless you buy a brand new bike, and even that is not garaunteed faultless, you are still gong to come across problems, especially KTM... and before you orange freaks start your whining, ive never known so many new bikes suffer with major faults from new, but saying that ill would still have one. The most important thing i find with a dirt bike is the previous owner, so many wankers out there selling crap, but also decent people who have maintained and looked after their OLDER bikes....
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 am

Yes it is relevant, but you do pay more for a newer bike, because the re sale will be greater. As for Ktm as you know i'm not their biggest fan, But there are a lot more of them out there than other brands. Which is why you here of their breakdowns
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:55 am

i wasent having a go at it breaking down i ment even newer bikes can go pete tong.
an older bike thats been looked after maybe a better bike.
and if you pay less for it becouse its older then it would have already lost most of its value before you buy it.
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:03 pm

chamber66 wrote:Yes it is relevant, but you do pay more for a newer bike, because the re sale will be greater. As for Ktm as you know i'm not their biggest fan, But there are a lot more of them out there than other brands. Which is why you here of their breakdowns

sorry why is it relevant, just because of the re sale... you were talking about the age of the bike not the importance of resale, what are you a dealer or bike rider... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and for a change, i totally agree with Steven, hit the nail on the head, totaly my thoughts exactly.
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum