South Wales Trail Riders

WTF

juljam33

Re: WTF

Post by juljam33 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:24 pm

your missing my point keith, its got fuck all to do with who rides with who or how a few mates arrange a day out, next to nothing gets put on ere any more and i personally think its a shame so what if people dont introduce themselves every forum has lurkers in fact most of us like to have a nose around on other forums without posting, youll always get the odd cock who doesnt hang around very long just dont think thats any reason to let this forum die off, if it does it does and theres nothing anybody can do about it but hey ho maybe its run its course Violin
    steve

Post by steve on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:27 pm

keith husky 450 wrote:So many have joined the site nobody introduces them self when you put a ride up you don't  now who will turn up they track a ride then ride it with there mates with crosser .which is what this site is not about .it's about like minded riders going out on the weeked to enjoy them selfs with great company and have a laugh

[size=17]That's a valid point, but i expect that 95% of people where newbies on here at some point. 
    How many people new each other before meeting on here? 
    There's been 9 newbies posted threads in the introduction forum in the past months or so and hardly anyone has replied to their posts so no one's going to know anything about them.
    [/size]

Since this thread started at 2pm 25 people have logged in only 5 have bothered to reply to it.

[size=17]Lets be honest facebook as killed it off, likes Jules said its a shame but as they say all good things come to an end.[/size]
    Clarky_two

Post by Clarky_two on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:41 pm

People arent putting names down on the rides either mind, even when they are posted up in the public section. Agree there has been a lack of posting on the forum in the past 6 months. but plenty on FB - if you have been invited on the FB page.......Would be a real shame to see this forum go. There will always be people who ride with like minded people and the same kind of skill level. But from what I have seen over the past few years is that there has always been a good mix of experience and newbies and everyone has had a good laugh and a bit of banter, especially on the longer trips away

So I am gunna post a ride up......

Ride 1: Wild camping weekend - date TBC

Ride 2: Isle of Man weekend . 1st weekend in Oct

Ride 3: will be local next weekend or the weekend after, as I am injured at the moment. watch this space.....

juljam33

Post by juljam33 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:46 pm

cant see me riding until mid august and then ill be out most weekends {with a bit of luck Very Happy }

curl666

Post by curl666 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:37 pm

I've been quiet over the last year, the last "ride" resulted in a baby Smile
    Thankfully it's all settling down and I managed to squeeze in a ride on my ktm last week.

Busy weekend fixing my dads wrf250, new shock, swingarm & linkage bearings and a set of wheel bearings thrown in too. Then hopefully can get back on regular on the bikes.

LONG LIVE THE FORUM

x.b.b.

Post by x.b.b. on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:22 am

Well done Curll
    dannyboi

Post by dannyboi on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 am

I'm new on here and noticed it's quiet. I used to be on a few forums for different things like fishing and hunting,  Facebook has changed Alotd, u can do most things on there now including buy and sell, it's sad because  u get Alot more genuine people on a forum as they take 2 minutes to sign up introduce themselves etc and be part of the forum.   Alot of Facebook pages and groups get the wrong sort on board who may only be on there to find out a few routes so they can tear it up on their crosser and abuse ppl on the way  and give the purists a bad name. It's one of the main reasons I searched for a forum and haven't even attempted to look for a Facebook group

x.b.b.

Post by x.b.b. on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:24 pm

dannyboi wrote:I'm new on here and noticed it's quiet. I used to be on a few forums for different things like fishing and hunting,  Facebook has changed Alotd, u can do most things on there now including buy and sell, it's sad because  u get Alot more genuine people on a forum as they take 2 minutes to sign up introduce themselves etc and be part of the forum.   Alot of Facebook pages and groups get the wrong sort on board who may only be on there to find out a few routes so they can tear it up on their crosser  and abuse ppl on the way  and give the purists a bad name. It's one of the main reasons I searched for a forum and haven't even attempted to look for a Facebook group

Admire your ethics dannyboi.
    wolfy

Post by wolfy on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 pm

The forum goes quite from time to time...normally this time of year too!
    Hol's/bbq's /beer garden/lanes overgrown/ some just dig out their road bikes too....etc etc
    95% of users on here use different media/ forums & have done for many years
    Think its harsh to say that facebook has killed this forum off ....
    Ok... not all pic's & reports get posted on here, but that's the same as not all rides do innit ?
    This forum is has out lived many & sure it will continue too, i have had many good times out & met many great folk through it...looking forward to many more great days too! not sure i should be expected to share every pic i or anyone else take's here because of that tho.. scratch

steve

Post by steve on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:54 pm

No one expects anything from anyone, Can't make people use a site.
    Its not only the rides and reports that have died a death the whole forum has.
    I think Facebook has had a negative impact on the forum and that's not just my opinion...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm