South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evening ride - of course it won't rain

+4
juljam33
Clarky_two
Taffy300
mufynman
8 posters

Go down

Evening ride - of course it won't rain  Empty Evening ride - of course it won't rain

Post by mufynman Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm

After weeks of dry weather , I decided to head for some open ground tonight to test the old drone out to see if it could follow me on its own . Few spots of rain on the windshield at Monmouth , I thought ' oh it'll blow over ' . Even when i got togged up and set off I still believed that massive fucking black cloud was going the other way . 1 hour later I emerged from my makeshift shelter . Drones don't like rain apparently . Finally got a few minutes of footage , but still learning . It'll definitely do better with someone at the controls , the follow me function is a bit hit and miss when you leave it up to the drone , but it was starting to get dark lol!

Evening ride - of course it won't rain  Wet110

Handy pitstop , although the roof did leak a bit

Evening ride - of course it won't rain  Wet310

All this footage was with the controller lying on a rock , so all done by the drone finding me on the screen .

mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Evening ride - of course it won't rain  Empty Re: Evening ride - of course it won't rain

Post by Taffy300 Fri May 12, 2017 12:23 am

That's was alright Muffy, could tell you didn't trust it to fuck off tho lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Evening ride - of course it won't rain  Empty Re: Evening ride - of course it won't rain

Post by Clarky_two Fri May 12, 2017 6:55 am

Looks awesome....can't wait to see it in the woods tho

Last edited by Clarky_two on Fri May 12, 2017 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Clarky_two
Clarky_two

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 am

Not too bad for 1st attempt mun I quite enjoyed it
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Fri May 12, 2017 7:51 am

Cracking vid Very Happy seemed to stay close ish to you Very Happy
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Fri May 12, 2017 8:32 am

Was there nothing closer where you could have tested it?
Like the local football pitch lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Fri May 12, 2017 9:33 am

Too many feckin trees round where I am . Was going to phone Wolfy considering its his back garden , but I spent 1 hour in a piss smelling brick shed , and 5 minutes riding before calling it a day . You have to keep an eye on if you are in shot , as if you do sudden turns when it's close , you'll go out of shot and it'll lose you . Pan back a bit and it seems better . If you ride back into shot it will find you again , but you need to press 'go' again on the controller which is where having someone else with you would be handy .
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Fri May 12, 2017 9:38 am

Looks tidy!
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 am

One hell of a toy...
phil990
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down