Starting issues 17 exc 250

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starting issues 17 exc 250

Post by Maxymilz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's the slide that I can't see any mod to tbh. I am going to try a different setup, I was a bit inaccurate with my description above. It seems to run lumpy between a fraction and about 1/8 throttle - basically just cruising along in whatever gear.

Maxymilz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxymilz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:33 pm

mizzed wrote:Thats a bloody small pilot in there tho, using one that small is usually in tandem with using the s1 needle from what I have heard.

Few people have done the slide mod, but they have also modded the squish, and also gone to vforce 4's

My bike, (and done the same to Clarky's) have been spot on just by jetting it.

What's this squish you speak of??

And shim?? As you can tell
I don't normally dive into this side of things however it's bugging me and got to be sorted!

Maxymilz

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 pm

That slide looks stock to my eyes.

Try Needle 43/73 as 2 Clip 2 pilot 40 main 450 first and go from there. Should pull evenly and clean right through your rev range, and no shims required.

might want to check your reed cage and make sure there's no excessive gaps while you have the carb out.
mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxymilz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:36 pm

Top man, any recommended places for getting the bits from??

I'm also going to get a new float as they've altered it and want to be sure it's stock.

Maxymilz

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Maxymilz wrote:
mizzed wrote:Thats a bloody small pilot in there tho, using one that small is usually in tandem with using the s1 needle from what I have heard.

Few people have done the slide mod, but they have also modded the squish, and also gone to vforce 4's

My bike, (and done the same to Clarky's) have been spot on just by jetting it.

What's this squish you speak of??

And shim?? As you can tell
I don't normally dive into this side of things however it's bugging me and got to be sorted!

Quite a few have had the head skimmed by a mm to modify the squish band, don't see a need for this as stock runs great for me, but each to thier own.

The shims just fractionly richen the needle, only needed if you go down the route of using me and clarkys current setup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Maxymilz wrote:Top man, any recommended places for getting the bits from??

I'm also going to get a new float as they've altered it and want to be sure it's stock.

Don't need the bits if you want to try the stock parts settings, you'll have all the bits in the tube that came with the bike.

Have a chat with clarky for the other setup, he bought them all the other week and will have current suppliers.. I had mine months ago and forget where i got them!

I would imagine they have just bent the tang on the float to reduce the float level, leave it as is for now and try out that jetting setting first, should hopefully get it running sweet.

mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxymilz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm in

Maxymilz

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Lemmie know what you think of the settings.
mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxymilz on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Right here we go:

Tried the suggested settings of.
Needle 43/73
As 2
Clip 2
Pj 40
Mj 450

This got rid of the lumpyness when just cruising along on hardly any throttle. However when opening her out it felt like I was riding a 125.

Changed MJ to 460 and it certainly pulls like a 250 now but the lumpyness is back between hardly any and 1/8 of throttle.

So popped a different needle in 43/72. We have now got no lumpyness and pulls like a train- fantastic. However when coming off the throttle it seems there is a bit much fuel getting through still as if the idles to high- it isn't. I have tried the AS at various settings and 2 is definitely the best for when in motion.

I have just changed PJ to 37.5 and am off for a spin- my neighbours must hate me today! Thought I best record what's going on as I'm bound to forget later!!

And I think the slide has been modified, you tube suggests cutting a bit out the slide like mine appears to have had done.

Maxymilz

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Sounds good, remember my settings were for. 300 so work as a base to tweek, I've not seen any talk of settings for the 250. Although the nothing to 1/8th burble seems to be an issue that no one has got around without causing issues to the rest of the rev range.
mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top