chains

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: chains

Post by mizzed on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:30 am

Taffyboy07 wrote:A grinder & hammer & chisel to remove knackered chain, Long nose mole grips to hold the plates together & whack the soft pins with Hammer & centre punch to fit new chain, Don't need no fancy shite.

Sounds like a field repair Very Happy
mizzed
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy350 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:43 am

If its going to be a Dewalt grinder & Snap-On hammer, Chisel, Centre pop & Mole grips get the expensive chain tool Steve posted lol!
Taffy350

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Bang on taffy why buy tools when they get used 1ce a yr if that .... . I hold a lump hammer behind the chain and small ball pein hammer to spread the links cheers
juljam33
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Spozzer i think you need to look at that front sproket too , it should have teeth on it , metal spiky ones not white ones from the dentist !
kirky
Special star kirky boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy350 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm

kirky wrote:Spozzer i think you need to look at that front sproket too , it should have teeth on it , metal spiky ones not white ones from the dentist !

If its proper fooked Dude will have that as a spare,, or even fit it straight on, coz the chances of it being better than the 1 on is pretty high.
Taffy350

Back to top Go down

Post by spozzer1 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:26 pm

kirky wrote:Spozzer i think you need to look at that front sproket too , it should have teeth on it , metal spiky ones not white ones from the dentist !
Was pretty knackered should av checked before I went out. All new on way.like to get my money's worth out of em lol!
Find all chain lubes shit that's why I de rather split links ,take chain off after every ride clean down with derv and then bathe in warm lard then leave hanging to dry .best lube ever Very Happy
spozzer1
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:00 pm

After ew wash yur bike. Start it up to dry the bike off. Select first and let the back wheel spin to shake out water from chain. Then spray with wd40 which will disperse the water. If you spray the chain with chain lube ew can trap water under em roller thingies. Very Happy

Well that's what do anyway. And what the fuck do I know...
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by spozzer1 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:07 pm

phil990 wrote:After ew wash yur bike. Start it up to dry the bike off. Select first and let the back wheel spin to shake out water from chain. Then spray with wd40 which will disperse the water. If you spray the chain with chain lube ew can trap water under em roller thingies. Very Happy

Well that's what do anyway. And what the fuck do I know...
Problem with wd40 it contains thinners and not good for o rings. Something oil based is better for cleaning but again what do I know Very Happy
spozzer1
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 pm

spozzer1 wrote:
Was pretty knackered should av checked before I went out. All new on way.like to get my money's worth out of em lol!
Find all chain lubes shit that's why I de rather  split links ,take chain off after every ride clean down with derv and then bathe in warm lard   then leave hanging to dry .best lube ever Very Happy

That's what we had to do 20 years ago but with the o ring chains it should stay sealed ok.
As said a water repelant and a Good  spray should do the trick.
Viv
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Shaft drive problem solved , why has this never been developed on dirt bikes ?
kirky
Special star kirky boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top