South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've lost that lovin feelin

+11
Taffy300
brownie
kirky
steve
shocker
mufynman
simon
juljam33
Viv
wolfy
JTM525
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You've lost that lovin feelin - Page 4 Empty Re: You've lost that lovin feelin

Post by crm250dude Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 pm

once upon a time, in 1980 (when i was 10) my uncle John (RIP) had a Kawasaki GPZ1100 -
he was always a bit of a rebel - and one evening around my nan and grandad's he asked if I wanted to go for a ride ....

He took me on a ride around crystal palace (before speed cameras were invented) he stopped halfway as we were about to hit a long winding road and told me to stop holding him and to hold the back bar 
- he said "this is the road my mate died on" ..I clinged on for dear life ... and i think we may have hit a ton ...

When we got back I can remember my hands were freezing - he took my helmet off and with a cheeky grin asked me "do you want to do that again?" (expecting me to be shitting my pants)

I said - YEAH !!!! - at that moment I knew I was destined to be a biker !

1 week before my 16th birthday my dad got me a suzuki ts50 ER .. 
(most of my mates had a bit more money than us and they had the Suzuki X or a DT)
I cleaned it and started it everyday that week until I was road legal !!

at 17 i stepped up to a Suzuki TS125 X ... with my first job and bank account 
the most important things in my life were my helmet, bike keys and cash-point card 
We used to ride to Brighton just to get a bag of chips !

I had a whole succession of 125's from there (the DT125 ypvs was probably the best)
then i got a KMX200 and put 125 stickers on - and after that my CRM250 - again with 125 stickers ...

There were times in my life where things were a bit tough ... but getting on my bike and riding made me feel alive / sane .....

eventually I moved to wales, passed my test and met you guys...
Simon was in fact the first person I met - in my leather jacket and Nike boots - he asked "is this your first ride?" Razz

and Joss was on that ride that day and he hung out with me (i had tobacco in my pocket)

so to finish off .. there is a point to my story ....
I will never lose the loving feeling ... In fact this is my biker song ....

Bryan adams - run to you...
when he wrote this song his wife thought he was having an affair ... but actually he wrote the song about his guitar 

to me the lyrics ring true about my bike 

"AND WHEN IT GETS TOO MUCH - I NEED TO FEEL YOUR CLUTCH - IM GONNA RUN TO YOU"
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:15 am

Remember that day well Dude, the look on your face when you were forced to let another man slide is sweaty crotch up and down on karens back Laughing  good times cheers

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:25 am

simon wrote:Remember that day well Dude, the look on your face when you were forced to let another man slide is sweaty crotch up and down on karens back Laughing  good times cheers
KYLIE !!! - you cant even remember the bitches name - SHLAAAAG
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by simon Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:30 am

Karen/ Kylie, it was close enough Laughing

simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:20 pm

crm250dude wrote:once upon a time, in 1980 (when i was 10) my uncle John (RIP) had a Kawasaki GPZ1100 -
he was always a bit of a rebel - and one evening around my nan and grandad's he asked if I wanted to go for a ride ....

He took me on a ride around crystal palace (before speed cameras were invented) he stopped halfway as we were about to hit a long winding road and told me to stop holding him and to hold the back bar 
- he said "this is the road my mate died on" ..I clinged on for dear life ... and i think we may have hit a ton ...

When we got back I can remember my hands were freezing - he took my helmet off and with a cheeky grin asked me "do you want to do that again?" (expecting me to be shitting my pants)

I said - YEAH !!!! - at that moment I knew I was destined to be a biker !

1 week before my 16th birthday my dad got me a suzuki ts50 ER .. 
(most of my mates had a bit more money than us and they had the Suzuki X or a DT)
I cleaned it and started it everyday that week until I was road legal !!

at 17 i stepped up to a Suzuki TS125 X ... with my first job and bank account 
the most important things in my life were my helmet, bike keys and cash-point card 
We used to ride to Brighton just to get a bag of chips !

I had a whole succession of 125's from there (the DT125 ypvs was probably the best)
then i got a KMX200 and put 125 stickers on - and after that my CRM250 - again with 125 stickers ...

There were times in my life where things were a bit tough ... but getting on my bike and riding made me feel alive / sane .....

eventually I moved to wales, passed my test and met you guys...
Simon was in fact the first person I met - in my leather jacket and Nike boots - he asked "is this your first ride?" Razz

and Joss was on that ride that day and he hung out with me (i had tobacco in my pocket)

so to finish off .. there is a point to my story ....
I will never lose the loving feeling ... In fact this is my biker song ....

Bryan adams - run to you...
when he wrote this song his wife thought he was having an affair ... but actually he wrote the song about his guitar 

to me the lyrics ring true about my bike 

"AND WHEN IT GETS TOO MUCH - I NEED TO FEEL YOUR CLUTCH - IM GONNA RUN TO YOU"
Thanks dude for sharing that.
It started me thinking can we all remember every bike we've had.
Ive posed it in another section before Steve does.
Viv
Viv

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

I think a couple of us met you about a year before that ride in a garage in Merthyr. You were on the bm.
I can remember after you left a few who shall remain name less seeing as you cant remeber lol!
Were thinking who the fook that English twat was thinking we,d never see you again. Laughing
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:38 pm

steve wrote:I think a couple of us met you about a year before that ride in a garage in Merthyr. You were on the bm.
I can remember after you left a few who shall remain name less seeing as you cant remeber  lol!
Were thinking who the fook that English twat was thinking we,d never see you again. Laughing
Hoping you'd never see him again more like lol!
JTM525
JTM525

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:05 pm

steve wrote:I think a couple of us met you about a year before that ride in a garage in Merthyr. You were on the bm.
I can remember after you left a few who shall remain name less seeing as you cant remeber  lol!

yes thats true - I must have looked like a right weirdo..... Walking up to people and introducing myself and shaking their hands, before I then stalk them on the internet .... seems its the other way round these days.
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:02 pm

Was a bit randon can remember Graham asking who the fuck was that or something like that before walking away Laughing
I think you said something like we must be mad out in this snow.
Then telling us you were on your way to London on the bw (in the snow) lol!
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by cricket2009 Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Haven,t lost that loving feeling but at 68 year old and having both knees rebuilt and waiting to see doc to see what's going on with my left knee ,it feel like it coming apart,but not getting rid of the bike yet

cricket2009
cricket2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next