South Wales Trail Riders

Welcome to South Wales trail riders, Dedicated to trail riding throughout Wales and beyond.


    Heated grips

    Share
    avatar
    OWEN450X

    Posts : 1013
    Join date : 2015-12-22
    Age : 44
    Location : Welsh summer returns

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by OWEN450X on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:38 am

    Clarky you could just man up & get a new pair of woolly mittens + long johns smiler
    avatar
    wolfy

    Posts : 6796
    Join date : 2010-11-30
    Age : 48
    Location : Care Home, but sometimes they let me out

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by wolfy on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:07 am

    marcw wrote:Sounds like its a good bit of kit to get for winter time Very Happy
    Once you have tried em you will never ride without em Very Happy
    avatar
    keith husky 450

    Posts : 1385
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Age : 47

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by keith husky 450 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:37 pm

    wolfy wrote:
    marcw wrote:Sounds like its a good bit of kit to get for winter time Very Happy
    Once you have tried em you will never ride without em Very Happy
    do have to buy new grips
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by JTM525 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:53 pm

    keith husky 450 wrote:
    wolfy wrote:
    marcw wrote:Sounds like its a good bit of kit to get for winter time Very Happy
    Once you have tried em you will never ride without em Very Happy
    do have to buy new grips
    Should be able to pull the old ones off, stick the heat pads to the bars and slip the grips back over the top. It worked for me anyway cheers bit of gentle heat with a heat gun helps but don't go too far or the grip starts melting Laughing
    avatar
    keith husky 450

    Posts : 1385
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Age : 47

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by keith husky 450 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 pm

    JTM525 wrote:
    keith husky 450 wrote:
    wolfy wrote:
    marcw wrote:Sounds like its a good bit of kit to get for winter time Very Happy
    Once you have tried em you will never ride without em Very Happy
    do have to buy new grips
    Should be able to pull the old ones off, stick the heat pads to the bars and slip the grips back over the top. It worked for me anyway cheers bit of gentle heat with a heat gun helps but don't go too far or the grip starts melting Laughing
    cheers jo
    avatar
    Clarky_two

    Posts : 1244
    Join date : 2014-09-14
    Age : 46

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by Clarky_two on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:50 pm

    Keith. You can use your hair spray to glue em back on...

    marcw

    Posts : 249
    Join date : 2013-03-25
    Age : 54

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by marcw on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:46 pm

    Il have a look at them on the rhyader ride the weekend Wolfy,all sounds good to me Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Heated grips

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat May 26, 2018 12:59 pm