Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by mufynman on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:56 am

Or re-route yourself around the sink hole in the first place

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
mufynman

Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 48
Location : Wye Valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by tri-z on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 am

I seem to remember shortly after this picture was taken rob you were upside down in exactly that same lovely murky water Snigger

tri-z

Posts : 282
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by wolfy on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 am

tri-z wrote:I seem to remember shortly after this picture was taken rob you were upside down in exactly that same lovely murky water Snigger




lol! lol!
avatar
wolfy
Forum Sponser

Posts : 6301
Join date : 2010-11-30
Age : 48
Location : Care Home, but sometimes they let me out

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by mufynman on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 am

Very true , and I was only trying to help Rolling Eyes , great day that was !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
mufynman

Posts : 3098
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 48
Location : Wye Valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by Maxymilz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Thanks all, ill look at rerouting the two top pipes to as high as possible but leave the overflows down. We've all been in that situation where we wish we hadn't gone in the water but its part of the fun, aint it??? Very Happy Very Happy

Maxymilz

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by adie666 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:18 pm

nice video gents....
need to get on one of your ride outs...

adie666

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-07-25
Age : 43
Location : newport

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by crm250dude on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:21 pm

been meaning to do mine - get stuck in a deep puddle and she's a bitch to start - cos she cant breathe ....

this thread explains it and has a pic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
crm250dude
Forum Sponser

Posts : 3261
Join date : 2013-11-03
Location : Right here, Right now!

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by lew001 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:13 pm

steve wrote:Have a look for a big breather coming down in front of the engine going into the sump gaurd.
It should coming off the top of the head.
When you stall in water and try starting it sucks water up and dumps it in the engine.
Did on mine but that was a 05 so may be different but i put mine into the airbox and it started much better.
I got 4 pipes coming off the carb, are they all breather pipes?
avatar
lew001

Posts : 78
Join date : 2014-11-09
Location : brecon

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by Clarky_two on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 pm

lew001 wrote:
steve wrote:Have a look for a big breather coming down in front of the engine going into the sump gaurd.
It should coming off the top of the head.
When you stall in water and try starting it sucks water up and dumps it in the engine.
Did on mine but that was a 05 so may be different but i put mine into the airbox and it started much better.
I got 4 pipes coming off the carb, are they all breather pipes?

No there should be drain pipes. You know when your bike is on its side and all your fuel pisses out. Keep that one dangling down.
avatar
Clarky_two
Forum Sponser

Posts : 1163
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by lew001 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Clarky_two wrote:
lew001 wrote:
steve wrote:Have a look for a big breather coming down in front of the engine going into the sump gaurd.
It should coming off the top of the head.
When you stall in water and try starting it sucks water up and dumps it in the engine.
Did on mine but that was a 05 so may be different but i put mine into the airbox and it started much better.
I got 4 pipes coming off the carb, are they all breather pipes?

No there should be drain pipes. You know when your bike is on its side and all your fuel pisses out. Keep that one dangling down.

My bikes never on its side tho lol! think I've sorted it.
avatar
lew001

Posts : 78
Join date : 2014-11-09
Location : brecon

Back to top Go down

Re: Rerouting Carb breather pipes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum