South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mapping switch

+6
mizzed
juljam33
kirky
wolfy
Taffy300
JimboTD5
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mapping switch Empty Mapping switch

Post by JimboTD5 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Right here goes, 2016 husky 250fe, was so excited on picking the bike up I wasn't really listening to the guy when he explained the mapping switch, I figured I'd just read the book about it when I get home..... Turns out it's not in the book lol!

Am I right in saying pos 1 on the bars is standard, pos 2 is whatever's under the seat. Then under the seat again 1 is standard, 2 is aggressive and 3-9 are blank?
Can it be switched with the engine running/on the fly or does it have to be kill engine then change?
Flicked it between one and two on bars yesterday and didn't really notice a difference, although I haven't checked under the seat yet to see what it's on it could be on no 1, standard I assume!

Serves me right for not listening eh?! lol!
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Mapping switch Empty Re: Mapping switch

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 pm

They are shite. Take it off. They do nothing at all on the 300 2T either. Position 1 is the same as position 2 (fook all !!) Also the same on Nicks 250f. Position 1 - 10 under the seat does nothing aswell as the handlebar switch.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 pm

Set it as standard & leave it mate... Very Happy you know the difference between wet & dry ground, leave it up to your right hand to adjust the power needed Very Happy
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by kirky Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

Throttle on twist back , throttle off twist forward , perfect mapping , i had one load of crap pos1 is standard and pos2 relates to what is under the seat , trailtech make them too but even they said the difference they make is very small take it off
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Yup them switchest just fry your brain and don't really do a lot
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:33 pm

The one on my 450 makes absolutely no difference no matter what setting it is on.

Thinking it was broken I checked the resistance on all the settings and they match the reference figures perfectly and continuity on every cable.

After reading a fuckton  on them trying to find out what was wrong with mine, on the 4t's it "apparently" slows down or speeds up the duration it rev's from min to max, which would sound about right as it could be managed within the cdi unit with a simple resistance circuit and could also confirm some of the comments that I have read that it doesn't actually change any fuel mapping. Then again I've read conflicting information that they will only operate on an unlocked ecu which may suggest that it could be a fuel map, but then again could be an ignition curve. One day when I am truly bored I may even start tracing back on the wiring diagrams and see where the cables end up(either ecu or cdi).

But anywho if any of the above is true I honestly cannot tell any difference between soft-normal-aggressive on the 450, and really wouldn't bother with it.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by dai 530 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:40 pm

I had a go on a 2009 450with one fitted and it worked it felt like the engine had a miss fire  when put in to pussy mode so I bought one for my 2014 450 there is difference between the settings but I find the std one works best on it it only seems to work on pussy setting on mid range and above
dai 530
dai 530

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:43 pm

dai 530 wrote:I had a go on a 2009 450with one fitted and it worked it felt like the engine had a miss fire  when put in to pussy mode so I bought one for my 2014 450 there is difference between the settings but I find the std one works best on it it only seems to work on pussy setting on mid range and above

The 2009 is a carb model is it not? which would definitely suggest that it limits the rev speed curve via cdi?

Your 14 would be the same as my 12 and could be either cdi or ecu based, but given the lack of misfires could suggest its ignition curve is managed by the ecu?
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by JimboTD5 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:14 pm

Haha that's the answer I was looking for, in the bin it goes lol! just curious as to what it did lol as it says in the brochure it makes a hell of a difference and I couldn't notice anything!
JimboTD5
JimboTD5

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 pm

JimboTD5 wrote:as it says in the brochure it makes a hell of a difference
I got milk in the fridge, but it doesn't mean I've got a cow out the back lol!
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next