South Wales Trail Riders

Welcome to South Wales trail riders, Dedicated to trail riding throughout Wales and beyond.


    What have i done!

    Share
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3144
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    What have i done!

    Post by shocker on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:08 pm

    Went to The Stafford Classic Bike Show yesterday and thought it a good idea at the time to 'adopt' this 37 year old contraption  Shocked

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    After a kicking a 350 with an arse about face kickstart over for half an hour, cleaning the plug, realising the choke lever is nothing but an ornament and the spark is a feeble pale yellow colour then another half hour work out it miraculously burst into life  cheers
    It was probably just as well that I was too knackered to try and ride the thing by then!

    Let's just hope an electronic ignition kit and some new jets help now Very Happy
    avatar
    crm250dude

    Posts : 3449
    Join date : 2013-11-03
    Location : Right here, Right now!

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by crm250dude on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:13 pm

    she's a beaut .. could always make a bar out of her

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    Taffy300

    Posts : 2687
    Join date : 2013-12-20
    Age : 46

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by Taffy300 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:10 am

    Or just put it in the Garage & sort the weeds out instead lol!
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3144
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by shocker on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:39 am

    Taffyboy07 wrote:Or  just put it in the Garage & sort the weeds out instead lol!

    I told the Mrs I can't bend enough for gardening due to the dodgy rib -  think she smelt a rat when she heard me constantly kicking that thing over though! Embarassed
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3144
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by shocker on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:44 am

    crm250dude wrote:she's a beaut .. could always make a bar out of her

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

    Maybe it'd make a better multi-gym, it'd only do your cardio and left leg any good though! Very Happy Very Happy
    avatar
    wolfy

    Posts : 6791
    Join date : 2010-11-30
    Age : 48
    Location : Care Home, but sometimes they let me out

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by wolfy on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:05 am

    Is that an investment mate...? or do you really plan on riding it affraid
    avatar
    Viv

    Posts : 851
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 102
    Location : Under the thumb

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by Viv on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:12 am

    shocker wrote:Went to The Stafford Classic Bike Show yesterday and thought it a good idea at the time to 'adopt' this 37 year old contraption  Shocked

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    After a kicking a 350 with an arse about face kickstart over for half an hour, cleaning the plug, realising the choke lever is nothing but an ornament and the spark is a feeble pale yellow colour then another half hour work out it miraculously burst into life  cheers
    It was probably just as well that I was too knackered to try and ride the thing by then!

    Let's just hope an electronic ignition kit and some new jets help now Very Happy





    Crackin that had one for years when i was a kid 10/10

    Not sure how i would get on with brake and gears that way round now though. wtf

    Always going to be worth money them see cheers
    avatar
    mufynman

    Posts : 3144
    Join date : 2012-10-08
    Age : 49
    Location : Wye Valley

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by mufynman on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 am

    You realise that your bike is the same age as this Datsun Bluebird .
    Is Leominster in some sort of time warp ?
    p.s does that mean i can have your half finished DT50 now ?

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    mizzed

    Posts : 3082
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Age : 38
    Location : Tafarnaubach

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by mizzed on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:53 am

    Left hand kick starts are the devil >_>
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by JTM525 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:55 am

    Awesome Gary cheers the farm in Aber this Thursday night? Laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: What have i done!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:28 pm