South Wales Trail Riders

    Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Share
    avatar
    mizzed

    Posts : 3084
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Age : 38
    Location : Tafarnaubach

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by mizzed on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 pm

    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Out of curiosity does a set of tyres last a weekend? or do you have to change for day 2?
    Apparently you get 15 minutes to fettle your bike at the end of day 1 ready for day 2, last week it took me 3 hours to do two mousses so not quite sure I'll have time to change tyres Laughing  
    Be lucky if I can adjust and lube the chain in 15 minutes lol!

    Gets quicker every time you do them mate, first time doing Dudes took me over an hour, now I'm down to around 20mins, most of the time taken lubing it all up property before refitting, hopefully get quicker again with practice.

    15mins is bloody tight tho to change a mousse and check the rest of the bike. Can you take spare wheels for a straight swap? or allowed to take McLarens Pit Crew? Razz
    avatar
    mizzed

    Posts : 3084
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Age : 38
    Location : Tafarnaubach

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by mizzed on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:42 pm

    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Going for the comp 6's? assume the w2d is fim tyre only?
    Comp 6 front comp 3 rear for me just like the pro's cheers

    Why the comp 3 rear over the 6? last better or better grip? I thought the comp 6 tyres were very good?
    avatar
    wolfy

    Posts : 6808
    Join date : 2010-11-30
    Age : 49
    Location : Care Home, but sometimes they let me out

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by wolfy on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:45 pm

    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Out of curiosity does a set of tyres last a weekend? or do you have to change for day 2?
    Apparently you get 15 minutes to fettle your bike at the end of day 1 ready for day 2, last week it took me 3 hours to do two mousses so not quite sure I'll have time to change tyres Laughing  
    Be lucky if I can adjust and lube the chain in 15 minutes lol!

    And you need to fuel up for the morning Very Happy straighten your bars & change your broken levers Embarassed lol!
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by JTM525 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 pm

    mizzed wrote:
    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Out of curiosity does a set of tyres last a weekend? or do you have to change for day 2?
    Apparently you get 15 minutes to fettle your bike at the end of day 1 ready for day 2, last week it took me 3 hours to do two mousses so not quite sure I'll have time to change tyres Laughing  
    Be lucky if I can adjust and lube the chain in 15 minutes lol!

    Gets quicker every time you do them mate, first time doing Dudes took me over an hour, now I'm down to around 20mins, most of the time taken lubing it all up property before refitting, hopefully get quicker again with practice.

    15mins is bloody tight tho to change a mousse and check the rest of the bike. Can you take spare wheels for a straight swap? or allowed to take McLarens Pit Crew? Razz
    Bloody hope so or they'll be in the bin lol!
    No I don't think you can change wheels only tyres, I could be wrong scratch
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by JTM525 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 pm

    wolfy wrote:
    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Out of curiosity does a set of tyres last a weekend? or do you have to change for day 2?
    Apparently you get 15 minutes to fettle your bike at the end of day 1 ready for day 2, last week it took me 3 hours to do two mousses so not quite sure I'll have time to change tyres Laughing  
    Be lucky if I can adjust and lube the chain in 15 minutes lol!

    And you need to fuel up for the morning Very Happy straighten your bars & change your broken levers Embarassed lol!
    Oh god! Better enlist Mel as me pit crew lol!
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by JTM525 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 pm

    mizzed wrote:
    JTM525 wrote:
    mizzed wrote:Going for the comp 6's? assume the w2d is fim tyre only?
    Comp 6 front comp 3 rear for me just like the pro's cheers

    Why the comp 3 rear over the 6? last better or better grip? I thought the comp 6 tyres were very good?
    Just advice from Al Ranger, apparently they last better for the Welsh,especially on the bigger bikes and the top riders are using them so how could I say no to that lol!
    avatar
    wolfy

    Posts : 6808
    Join date : 2010-11-30
    Age : 49
    Location : Care Home, but sometimes they let me out

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by wolfy on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 pm

    Me going with comp 6 all round, ok the rear wont have square edges on Friday...but who cares i'll be there.

    Well I hope... lol!
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by JTM525 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:51 pm

    wolfy wrote:Me going with comp 6 all round, ok the rear wont have square edges on Friday...but who cares i'll be there.

    Well I hope... lol!
    We'll compare notes cheers
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3145
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by shocker on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:17 pm

    Slosh some fuel in, change air filter, oil/adjust chain and a quick check over was all i had the time and energy for Very Happy

    My top tip for the event would be to find out the difference between a 'tight check' and a 'slack check' that everyone talks about scratch

    That way you might not keep turning up early and shagged out at checks when you didn't need to, and a tad late when you could possibly have got your finger out - like I did! Rolling Eyes

    Oh, and don't mess with the sidecar lot, as they're all nuts and will run you over and use you for grip given half a chance
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by JTM525 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:35 pm

    shocker wrote:Slosh some fuel in, change air filter, oil/adjust chain and a quick check over was all i had the time and energy for Very Happy

    My top tip for the event would be to find out the difference between a 'tight check' and a 'slack check' that everyone talks about scratch

    That way you might not keep turning up early and shagged out at checks when you didn't need to, and a tad late when you could possibly have got your finger out - like I did! Rolling Eyes

    Oh, and don't mess with the sidecar lot, as they're all nuts and will run you over and use you for grip given half a chance
    Good tips there Gar cheers especially from them sidecar lot! A lot of tuned up 525's get used for that and we all know what kind of Neanderthal's ride them Laughing

    Sponsored content

    Re: Welsh 2 Day 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:02 am