South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ktm freeride

+2
curl666
Neil Briscoe
6 posters

Go down

Ktm freeride Empty Ktm freeride

Post by Neil Briscoe Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:35 am

Ktm freeride owners          Can anyone with a freeride share a little bit of there knowledge please I'm torn between two bikes freeride or beta xtrainer    There the only two I am anywhere near touching the floor on I'm getting a lot of conflicting info about both bikes dealer sales talk     I would just like for someone who has owned one for a while to let me know if they are any good mechanically I know they are.a little more trials orientated than the beta.          Many thanks

Neil Briscoe

Back to top Go down

Ktm freeride Empty Re: Ktm freeride

Post by curl666 Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:50 am

what type of riding do you plan on doing?

I've fancied both bikes myself, but as you say the freeride is more trials focussed. there's plenty of review videos on YouTube, both bikes look awesome in the hands of a pro rider.

If it's just seat height putting you off from the likes of a Ktm exc, wrf, Crfx etc, you can lower them and cut the seat foam to get a lower seat height.

When out on a trail I hardly ever sit down, but then seat height doesn't bother me I'm over 6ft Smile

curl666

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:24 pm

A mate of mine had a Freeride & it broke down every time it went out. there was a post on here somewhere reference the Beta X trainer.
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Briscoe Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks mate don't want full enduro spec both freeride and beta have different power delivery I'll just be greenlaning. Single track. In the woods That type of thing. Iv even thought on a montessa 4rt. Road reg And making some sort of a seat That would save me a couple of grand also What do you think. Thanks mate

Neil Briscoe

Back to top Go down

Post by curl666 Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 pm

I mainly ride trails with my dad, who is late 50's and vertically challenged at 5ft 6. He rides a wrf without too much trouble, occasionally gets caught out on different camber tracks but generally no issues.

I'd personally out of the two go for the beta for trail use between the two. A Montesa trials bike I can't see that being much fun for mostly trail use, you'll be in top gear all day below 40mph.

If you've never tried an enduro, most of the manufacturers have open days through the year and for a few quid you can have 20-30 mins on their bikes.

Yamaha have a test day soon, end of February in Wales. Llanidloes?

If it is your first enduro I'd buy a second hand wrf 250.

curl666

Back to top Go down

Post by dai 530 Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:57 pm

If I was in the market for a dwarfs bike I would go for the beta it looks better than the freeride
the best review on you tube is from BADVBOYNOFEAR
dai 530
dai 530

Back to top Go down

Post by curl666 Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:09 pm

I bet the beta will hold its value better than the Ktm too. The early Ktm freerides could be picked up for peanuts

curl666

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzed Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I tried a friends freeride 350 gotta say it was nice for woods riding, plenty of power and really light compared to the 450 exc. Dont know if I would like a full day on it however, and not tried the Beta.
mizzed
mizzed

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi Neil , I had the early Freeride 350 for about 6 months , and it was generally great . Only issues were brakes ( shit - new model much better ) , small tank ( better on new model ) . If the new ones are the same as mine , you can get a KTM mod done which derestricts power to about 26hp , bit more poke . Quality is fine , and it is sooo nimble - very easy to ride . air filter is a bit fiddly to get to . Its not a balls out bike , but i could have ridden it today all day with no issues .
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down