South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Stroud

+10
wolfy
JTM525
Mathew_3066
mufynman
Gareth Gates
wayne xr
juljam33
steve
crm250dude
bradders
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Hello from Stroud - Page 4 Empty Re: Hello from Stroud

Post by bradders Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:42 pm

Cant be hard to swap a rear spring out if needed, or fronts, not exactly latest sportsbike kit

bradders

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47 pm

I,l be alright to start off with but I think you'll soon grow out of more than just the suspension.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by bradders Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 am

I'm sure if I get into it you're right b

bradders

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi and welcome
Also had a CRF 230 and got on really well with it, and enjoyed being able to plonk my feet down on the tricky stuff!
It was great on the road too due to a high top gear ratio - it just took a while to get there  Very Happy

As said their weak point is the suspension, and trying to go too guick on easy, rocky trails could get a bit ragged!
I changed the rear shock to a Hagon one, but gave up on the front forks that looked like they came off a DT 50.
The rear drum was also a bit naff so eventually chopped it in for a WR which solved everything apart from being able to touch the floor Very Happy

The other good bit was keeping it almost 5 years, spending bugger all on it, and getting only 200 quid less than I paid for it!  

Nice to see someone starting out that doesn't think a full bollock 450 enduro bike the best idea though cheers
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by bradders Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 pm

I raced 50 hp Ducati, and did ok on that, and find samller bikes more fun and rewarding. Nearly bought a 250ec gas gas, 48hp of 250 2 stroke fun and mayhem, then came to my senses and went honda single lol

Paying £1200, mot til aug and looks fine, so if I dont like off road stuff I can move on cheap enough

bradders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4