South Wales Trail Riders

    Stripped sump plug

    Share
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by JTM525 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:21 pm

    Well she's out! Time sert is the way I think Very Happy
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3145
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by shocker on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:30 pm

    There is another option...............
    Scrap's making 140 quid a ton at the moment lol!
    avatar
    mizzed

    Posts : 3084
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Age : 38
    Location : Tafarnaubach

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by mizzed on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:52 pm

    Beer bottles next to the lump? I like the way you think Very Happy
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by JTM525 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:09 pm

    shocker wrote:There is another option...............
    Scrap's making 140 quid a ton at the moment lol!
    Just cos it's your birthday doesn't mean you can be cheeky lol!
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by JTM525 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:10 pm

    mizzed wrote:Beer bottles next to the lump? I like the way you think  Very Happy
    That's my home brew, I use it as engine degreaser affraid lol!
    avatar
    shocker

    Posts : 3145
    Join date : 2010-07-21
    Age : 59
    Location : in exile just over the border

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by shocker on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:08 pm

    JTM525 wrote:
    shocker wrote:There is another option...............
    Scrap's making 140 quid a ton at the moment lol!
    Just cos it's your birthday doesn't mean you can be cheeky lol!

    Mrs P said exactly the same thing this morning! Embarassed
    avatar
    Taffy300

    Posts : 2707
    Join date : 2013-12-20
    Age : 46
    Location : Noddy Land

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by Taffy300 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 am

    JTM525 wrote:Well she's out! Time sert is the way I think  Very Happy
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Definitely Time Cert Joe. It's a great bit of kit we should all have in the tool box.
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by JTM525 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:42 am

    I'm gonna see how much South Wales pistons will charge to do it and if they can do it while I wait otherwise if they're dear and I got to go back there twice I'll just buy the kit and do it myself. It's about £100 for the kit affraid
    avatar
    mizzed

    Posts : 3084
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Age : 38
    Location : Tafarnaubach

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by mizzed on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:49 am

    Reasonable prices on Machine Mart

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    JTM525

    Posts : 2817
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 36

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by JTM525 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:53 am

    mizzed wrote:Reasonable prices on Machine Mart

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    That's a helicoil kit mate, would do the job ok as it was done to Wolfy's bike but I prefer the look of the time serts, they're a solid steel bush instead of a spring. Cheers for looking though Pete Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Stripped sump plug

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am