South Wales Trail Riders

Garage floor paint ?

mufynman

Garage floor paint ?

Post by mufynman on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:06 pm

I want to give my garage floor a good quality paint job . Its a bit flakey at present , and the old paint bubbles up a bit when its warm and muggy . I reckon i'll have to scrape most of it off and start again . Ive used 2 pack Epoxy paint last time and that seemd a bit better than most , but will I need an Epoxy Primer or sealer if i'm trying to paint a floor that will be partly paint , partly bare concrete  . Or is there a tool you can hire to abrade it back to bare and start from scratch ?
    Any brands of paint better than others ? It's 30 sq metres Ive got to do .
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
    steve

Re: Garage floor paint ?

Post by steve on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Have you thought about floor tiles? Not the ones you have in the kitchen before you start!
    shocker

Post by shocker on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:26 pm

I used interlocking foam floor tiles from Halfords, and have found them really good cheers
    mufynman

Post by mufynman on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Looked on Halfords , £10 for a 2sq metre set , thats pretty cheap , £160 would do me . Are they quite tough Gary  ? I think I remember seeing them when I came over that day . Are they the Rolson ones that Halfords are flogging now ?
    mufynman

Post by mufynman on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Just found a 10% discount code for them too cheers
    mizzed

Post by mizzed on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:01 pm

I put carpet tiles down, and carpet protector over the top, lovey to work on!
    shocker

Post by shocker on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:30 pm

mufynman wrote:Looked on Halfords , £10 for a 2sq metre set , thats pretty cheap , £160 would do me . Are they quite tough Gary  ? I think I remember seeing them when I came over that day . Are they the Rolson ones that Halfords are flogging now ?

A lot tougher than i expected, but do put a bit of ply under sidestands to stop them digging in
    Nice to stand on, stay where you put them and don't ever have condensation on them either
    mufynman

Post by mufynman on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Just finished the garage - went for some pukka pvc floor tiles in the end ( Mototile motolock ) . piece of cake to lay , nice ramps out of the doors , non slip , easy brush , and so far ive managed to clean up a bit of oil with no issues . Had to trim all the doors and cabinets up a bit , but no more flaky paint . At the age of 46 I had to buy my first mop ! , didn't know there were so many types , settled for an orange one with a squeezy trigger on it  cheers

mizzed

Post by mizzed on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Looks like Ed China's garage now!

Have you got Mike Brewer locked away in there somewhere rob?
    Taffy300

Post by Taffy300 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Very tidy. Show us the mop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:39 am