South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new bike

+12
geraint
keith husky 450
Gareth Gates
phil990
brownie
Denzil
mufynman
crm250dude
mizzed
shocker
steve
slim1122
16 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

new bike - Page 2 Empty Re: new bike

Post by slim1122 Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:20 pm

shocker wrote:An advantage of buying a KTM is that you can join in all the 'what's wrong with my bike, and how do I fix it' threads that you feel a bit left out of when owning a Honda lol!

Hahahahaha

slim1122

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 pm

I thought the same about the 450, so got the 250 instead which is lighter, easier to ride and still way faster than i'll ever be - or was!

I got mine from Marsh MX in Merthyr who had a bit of a poor reputation, but the only thing wrong with them really was a bit of 'take it or leave it attitude' which meant they don't hound you for a sale
Other than that they were great by me  Very Happy

What's not to like for less than 6 grand, and no AA membership needed?  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by slim1122 Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

shocker wrote:I thought the same about the 450, so got the 250 instead which is lighter, easier to ride and still way faster than i'll ever be - or was!

I got mine from Marsh MX in Merthyr who had a bit of a poor reputation, but the only thing wrong with them really was a bit of 'take it or leave it attitude' which meant they don't hound you for a sale
Other than that they were great by me  Very Happy

What's not to like for less than 6 grand, and no AA membership needed?  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Well that's where I was thinking of buying they git a good deal on the wr's and heard lots of good reviews on them not cheap tho even with the deal on. They were really helpful on the phone like you said nt pushy but still very helpful

slim1122

Back to top Go down

Post by shocker Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:48 pm

mufynman wrote:Don't waste your money on that old iron pig ,get  a KTM350 EXCF and bask in the warm glow of contentment knowing you have the perfect trail bike . cheers

I suppose it's OK if you're rich enough to buy new one's two at a time, then you've always got a spare lol!
shocker
shocker

Back to top Go down

Post by Denzil Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 pm

KTM all the way love them
Denzil
Denzil

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Me and shocker always clash on this - here we go again !!!

the 450x is 6kgs heavier than the 250x ...

when your 15 stone like me - thats the difference between having a shit before you go riding Very Happy

and allthough the 250 goes fast enough for you - when you are in second gear looking up a hill climb with no time to change gear - its good to have that bit of grunt left .....

in my humble opinion

different smoke for different folk Razz
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by slim1122 Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:31 pm

crm250dude wrote:Me and shocker always clash on this - here we go again !!!

the 450x is 6kgs heavier than the 250x ...

when your 15 stone like me - thats the difference between having a shit before you go riding Very Happy

and allthough the 250 goes fast enough for you - when you are in second gear looking up a hill climb with no time to change gear - its good to have that bit of grunt left .....

in my humble opinion

different smoke for different folk Razz

6kg ffrrrppp not worth worrying about I was starting to think about 250 but if that's all I'm going to save I'd much rather the extra power

slim1122

Back to top Go down

Post by slim1122 Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Do dealer let you test ride the bikes or is it just a case of pick the one you like the look of and hope you like it lol

slim1122

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:44 pm

There was a dealer on ebay selling last years model wr for a little over 6k new don't really know anything about them but the older models were good.
The Honda hasn't really changed since 2004 you can either look at this as Honda got it right first time or you could look at it as they can't be bothered to change it but either way it's still a bomb proof Honda.
I bought a ktm after having jap bikes the only good thing is everyone has one so when a ktm breaks down there's always someone carrying the spares/tools you need lol!
Its runs well haven't broken down yet but the build quality is not a patch on a Jap bike and it aged rather quick to.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffy300 Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:51 am

If you want a bike that looks dated & has had no face lift what so ever but will soldier on regardless get a Honda, If you want a bike that looks even older even when new get a WR, If you want quality & a go anywhere bike that's the bollocks get a KTM, people go on about KTM's as a wrong choice, but its the same as everything....Look after it & you cant go wrong, I'm on my 3rd KTM & will never look back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Taffy300
Taffy300

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next