South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need a second opinion

+5
cnbevan1979
captain caveman
Antrow
chamber66
ktm jon
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

need a second opinion Empty need a second opinion

Post by ktm jon Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 pm

right 2 rides a go i fitted a manual cam chain tensioner mileage since 20 miles went out sunday 50 miles completed herd a brrrrrrr noise max 2 seconds pulled the clutch killed the ign thought poxy starter motor no worse two bent valves [obviously i removed the head first steve] this is what i need to know do you like me belive it to be the tensioner and should i fit refit the oem one[which is hydraulic only]
ktm jon
ktm jon

Back to top Go down

need a second opinion Empty Re: need a second opinion

Post by chamber66 Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Buy a new bike, and get something that looks a bit tidier this time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by Antrow Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm

ktm jon wrote:right 2 rides a go i fitted a manual cam chain tensioner mileage since 20 miles went out sunday 50 miles completed herd a brrrrrrr noise max 2 seconds pulled the clutch killed the ign thought poxy starter motor no worse two bent valves [obviously i removed the head first steve] this is what i need to know do you like me belive it to be the tensioner and should i fit refit the oem one[which is hydraulic only]
Was it the dirt tricks one you fitted i put one on my ktm 250 f and it has been fine so far,just done the builth without no probs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Antrow
Antrow

Location : sometimes here,sometimes there,sometimes everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by captain caveman Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:57 pm

ktm shit nothing else you need to know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
buy a 2 smoke valve problem fixed
captain caveman
captain caveman

Back to top Go down

Post by Antrow Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 pm

steve wrote:ktm shit nothing else you need to know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
buy a 2 smoke valve problem fixed
cheers steve for your input,great help as always,blue boy brigade!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Antrow
Antrow

Location : sometimes here,sometimes there,sometimes everywhere!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cnbevan1979 Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 pm

does the cam chain look stretched? possibly over tightened when originally fitted and the latest mileage has stretched it to the point where it has come off the teeth. Personally I would go back to oem bike mechanic told me that stick with them as it is only very rarely they fail in real terms
cnbevan1979
cnbevan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Jon, get rid fella..That bike is a thorn in your side..
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Portboy29 Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 am

cnbevan1979 wrote:does the cam chain look stretched? possibly over tightened when originally fitted and the latest mileage has stretched it to the point where it has come off the teeth. Personally I would go back to oem bike mechanic told me that stick with them as it is only very rarely they fail in real terms
Totally agree fella, these Manufactures dont spend millions on Research & Development for their products for hairyass cowboys to come along with their bolt on peices of shit which end up fucking up the whole shooting match.OE all the way,dont you know. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Portboy29
Portboy29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilts Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:02 am

The replacement was probably sprayed gold, and made in Taiwan. Bling rules.
Tilts
Tilts

Back to top Go down

Post by chamber66 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:37 am

cnbevan1979 wrote:does the cam chain look stretched? possibly over tightened when originally fitted and the latest mileage has stretched it to the point where it has come off the teeth. Personally I would go back to oem bike mechanic told me that stick with them as it is only very rarely they fail in real terms

Didn't you just buy a bike with a moded engine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chamber66
chamber66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum