Honda crf450c push start fail

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honda crf450c push start fail

Post by Wilko450x on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi can anyone help iv just picked up a brand new honda and with the recent winds last night I awoke to find the bike on the floor.. No major damage just a scratch on the push start button.... Now the push start doesn't work! Sad could something have come loose or does honda have an issue with it?
Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated
Thanks
Brad

Wilko450x

Back to top Go down

Re: Honda crf450c push start fail

Post by JTM525 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Brand new bike and you keep it outside affraid maybe it landed on the start button and was turning over and over til the battery went flat? Or perhaps its broke something inside the switch? Have you a multimeter?
JTM525
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilko450x on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 pm

Haha I know I'm process of building a shed but no doubt it won't stay shiny for too long the places I take it.. And yeah I might be able to get my hands on one.. Just really annoying! Still gives more opportunities to practice kick starting on side of mountains lol Smile

Wilko450x

Back to top Go down

Post by steve on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:09 pm

You want to get that fixed pronto, Its not fun kicking a 450 over all day.
If the stop button the same have a look see if its got the same connector and try that.
Or if your sure the button knackered cut it and touch the wires together see if it works.
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilko450x on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:15 pm

Yeah Steve wasn't very fun I would have tried a couple more tracks but I thought if I stall half way up that il never be able to kick it over up there... Il take the button apart and have a look see Smile.

Wilko450x

Back to top Go down

Post by JTM525 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:19 pm

Wilko450x wrote:Haha I know I'm process of building a shed but no doubt it won't stay shiny for too long the places I take it.. And yeah I might be able to get my hands on one.. Just really annoying! Still gives more opportunities to practice kick starting on side of mountains lol Smile
I've had a few rides where my battery has completely died or wires have broke or solenoid dies and had to kick my 525 over all day, the novelty soon wears off lol!
If you can get a multimeter, disconnect the switch and set the meter for continuity then put the probes on each of the switch wires and press the button, you should have a reading, if not the switch has had it if you have got a reading come back for more info Very Happy
JTM525
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilko450x on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Brilliant thanks for the info il let you know how it goes Smile

Wilko450x

Back to top Go down

Post by brownie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm

does it click when you push the button?
The starter relay is located behind the left side panel so the clicking is probably the relay going (or gone) bad. You can bypass the relay by connecting the two power terminals directly with a wrench or screwdriver. Just follow the hot lead directly from the battery to the relay. If the relay is bad your bike should turn over. Be careful, though, there is big spark when you do it. this will also be a way of testing that side of it, i would then work from the switch back!
you have probably broken something in the switch housing, esp if it was working fine b4.
brownie
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilko450x on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Yeah was working fine before but now nothing happens.. No clicking and even the button feels like it's not connected to anything.. Maybe snapped something inside the switch? Hopefully get it sorted soon! I enjoy kicking a bike over once in a while, on a dead flat surface, with the sun shining.... Just not so much when on the side of a mountain covered in mud when it's raining :/

Wilko450x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dicky on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:39 pm

on my old one the cable ran close to the exhaust and a couple of times it managed to melt the outer insulation,short it out and blow the main fuse
Dicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top