South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded

+4
wolfy
Gareth Gates
steve
madda
8 posters

Go down

New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded Empty New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded

Post by madda Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 am

Hey guys,

Firstly, I'm Joe, addicted to all things fast but have far more experience on 4 wheels than 2.

I recently came back from a Trail Blazers trip in the South of Spain and loved it so much that I had to get my own bike.

I was unsure where to ride, but after just pointing the bike at the mountain and going, I found the options are endless! cheers

Here is a video from yesterday (sped up to show the route rather than anything else and so that everyone doesn't get too bored I hope), do you guys meet up regularly in the area, anyone else on here ride these routes?  I would love to join a few others so that I can push it a little without the fear of being on my own if I do stack it.

madda

Back to top Go down

New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded Empty Re: New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded

Post by steve Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Hi
Madda welcome to the forum.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded Empty Re: New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded

Post by Gareth Gates Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 pm

orite
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi madda & welcome, great vid did made me dizzy tho! lol!
The broken tarmac road is still legal sadly the rest been closed tho, bit of a hotspot up there for ramblers & mountain bikers too.
wolfy
wolfy

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Joe , welcome , you'll find some great ride outs with this lot . I started a couple of years ago and was amazed how many of these lanes and tracks ( that look perfectly suitable) are actually illegal to ride . Its a real shame , but theres still enough out there to keep us all happy . See you out there ! cheers
mufynman
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by crm250dude Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Joe,
Im the newbie to this group, and the sport - but i gotta say they are a great bunch of guys, really supportive out there and knowledgeable of the trails - youre in safe hands with these lot - see you on the road, youll probably have to turn your camera around to get me on film
crm250dude
crm250dude

Back to top Go down

Post by madda Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Hey all, massive thanks for the warm welcome. It's great that there is a local community and look forward to getting out with some of you as soon as possible. Thanks to people who have pm'd offering up their contact details.

Re, where is illegal and legal to ride, how do I tell? I am road registered and insured so I thought that anywhere which didn't specifically say "NO MOTORCYLES" was fair game; how naive. Obviously I am concious of my surroundings and do my best not to scare the life out of ramblers.

I do have access to a van if I am going further afield, but planned on going as far as Blackwood etc on the roads to meets as the bike is to potter about on tarmac between trails. Smile I hear there is a MX track up there, perhaps worth a visit to refine some of my amateur skills?

madda

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 pm

The only way you,l find legal trails is to have a look on a map or ride with someone that knows them.
The Honey cafe ride on Saturday would be ideal for you.
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Denzil Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi bud welcome as the lads have already said there's some great lanes local we are in Gods pocket right here and the lads on this form are the best and some New member from Newport - KTM 250 f - Video of my first ride out of Risca embedded 170626 great characters
Denzil
Denzil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren wells Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi buddy I live in Newport if ya fancy me coming out on a ride with you give me a shout

Darren wells

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down