Reason for Punctures ?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reason for Punctures ?

Post by mufynman on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for the tips guys . May take the mousse option in future . Aren't they a bit of a twat to fit on your own though ? Just thinking about if I wanted to slip a trials tyre on etc , for an event . I suppose I could get a spare wheel and do it that way .
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Trouble with moose's is they cost like £100 each which will buy you a lot of heavy duty tubes.

Yes no chance of a puncture  Very Happy  but they are to hard when new I think (in the front anyway) & they don't last that long getting softer & softer till you end up smashing your rims if your not careful (so never at the psi your use too).

Another thing with em if you get michelin moose's you need to stick with michelin tyres because they will fit very little else (deffo not a trials tyre), which I think are to expensive & soft for trail riding.

I have moose's but save em for special occasions where a puncture would be a pain in the asre, tho on a trail ride tis a great excuse for a fag break  Very Happy lol! & once you done one or two as you know  Very Happy it really don't take that long.

And yes fitting a moose can be a pain in the asre on your own  affraid 
wolfy
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by geraint on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:52 pm

might be stating the bleeding obvious but have you got rim locks????
geraint
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:55 pm

first few times fitting a mousse can be a twat, but gets easier with practice, especially once you can fit mousse already in tyre. I use michellin mousses in different makes of tyres, some carcasses are bigger or smaller than others so some makes might be good for a worn mousse and some for a new one , but you got to try them to get the feel for which works best. bit of a learning curve  :bounce: 
sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Still expensive for the sake of carrying a tube & levers on the trail sparks...don't you think?

Which tyres didn't work may buy em off you if the second hand price is right  lol! 
wolfy
Forum Sponser

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Got rim locks Geraint , probably keep plugging on with tubes for now , and after this week , my tyres fixes are getting close to Formula 1 pit stop times ! Plus you do get that warm feeling inside when you fix one and chug away feeling like the Ray Mears of the biking world !
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan rooster on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:46 am

Duck tap as well
ryan rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:12 am

wolfy wrote:Still expensive for the sake of carrying a tube & levers on the trail sparks...don't you think?

Which tyres didn't work may buy em off you if the second hand price is right  lol! 
sorry paul, they all worked in different combos  Very Happy 
sparks

Back to top Go down

Post by phil990 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:28 am

T-lock have been good for me... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Have used mouses in the day. Mouse on front can get a bit getting used to!

Like you say, can't mix tubes and different make tyres...

Will always keep inner tubes and clamps handy mind... affraid 
phil990

Back to top Go down

Post by mufynman on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Managed 3 tyre changes again in one evening . Starting to think I'm a total retard . Got rim tape on , bit of duct tape , looking smooth , wap in nice h/d tube , stick old tyre on coz I'm tight and still got a few miles left on her , even though new tyre arrived in post and sitting next to bike . Tyre on , bit of a hiss , so off she comes , pinched fucking tube with my gung-ho changing method . In with another new tube and job done , stand back to admire my work with tyre back on the bike  and notice a 2 inch rip in tyre where a tread is coming off , get your finger in there to tickle the tube . So off she comes , and on goes the new tyre like I should have done in the first place      head but .
mufynman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top