South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear brake problem

+8
kirky
wolfy
dai 530
x.b.b.
simon
ryan rooster
fozzy
Robert_G
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rear brake problem - Page 2 Empty Re: Rear brake problem

Post by kirky Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:11 pm

Loosen nipple , put length of clear pipe on it attached to a syringe body, fill syringe body with some brake fluid, fill reservoir and SLOWLY pump peddal watching for bubbles in pipe on nipple , keep topping and pumping , this allows air bubbles out without drawing air back in when you release brake after pump motion , you can also use the piston pots on the caliper to push any air caught in the caliper body out by levering them back in off the shoes , this is what i do when air is a bastard to clear , the smallest bubble can fk it all up , good luck
kirky
kirky

Back to top Go down

Post by Walnutwhip Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Release some pressure on the brake cylinder ie back off the threaded adjuster on the foot peddle...this may need adjustment through the process.
Ensure resevoir is full then undo the banjo bolt [slightly] at the top of brake cylinder proceed to pump foot peddle you should see the air being pushed out?
After tightening that banjo if your happy - undo the rear banjo to rear brake cylinder at the end of the brake pipe  Rolling Eyes  proceed to pump foot peddle and release any air and tighten banjo the remaining air can then can be removed through the bleed nipple an easy bleeder is very handy for this placed in a clear container with a bit of brake fluid in it...

At all times check fluid reservoir is full or there abouts your simply working fluid in stages through the system...!!

If the brakes still give problems you may have to change the rubbers inside the brake cylinder [kit about £20] its good to know how to bleed your brakes as may be needed on the trail!

If unsure then have a mate to show you must get it right or take it to a mc repair establishment... Very Happy 
Walnutwhip
Walnutwhip

Back to top Go down

Post by geraint Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:48 pm

on the kmx i had  Rear brake problem - Page 2 276680  Rear brake problem - Page 2 276680  Rear brake problem - Page 2 276680  Rear brake problem - Page 2 276680  Rear brake problem - Page 2 276680 lol!  lol! 
rather weirdly what i found i had to do was pump the brake about 15 to 20 times then to bleed it and repeat it till it came through
geraint
geraint

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert_G Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Because of my amazingly busy lifestyle it has taken me 2 years to get back round to working on this bike lol.
Anyway, used a syringe, it popped the tube off and covered my in fluid, bought a vacuum kit and still no joy. After much hair pulling I discovered the bleed nipple was actually blocked.

This bike isn't in use or anything, it's a long term project that is just sitting in my garage. Might be finished in 20 years at this rate :p.

Robert_G

Back to top Go down

Post by juljam33 Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 pm

I had to do the same as Simon too, couldn't use the syringe either
juljam33
juljam33

Back to top Go down

Post by jams Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Robert_G wrote:
fozzy wrote:a syringe and a tube and push it through from bleed nipple, job done, if I  remember rightly the brake has to be pshed down..

I tried that, it just shot the tube off and covered me in brake fluid.

Open the nipple further or work the pedal a bit whilst squeezing the syringe
jams
jams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2