South Wales Trail Riders

Welcome to South Wales trail riders, Dedicated to trail riding throughout Wales and beyond.

Rear brake problem

Robert_G

Rear brake problem

Post by Robert_G on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi guy's. I just changed the fluid res for my rear brake and my rear brake pads and am now struggling to bleed it. I have tried the conventional way as well as using a vacuum pump and still nothing is coming out. Any ideas what the problem might be?

fozzy

Re: Rear brake problem

Post by fozzy on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:20 pm

a syringe and a tube and push it through from bleed nipple, job done, if I remember rightly the brake has to be pshed down..
    ryan rooster

Post by ryan rooster on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:03 pm

what bike you got
    simon

Post by simon on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, solution for me was to bleed it at the banjo bolt on the master cylinder first, then the other banjo on the caliper, then finally the bleed nipple. When I tried to bleed it at the nipple first off, I was pumping the pedal for what seemed like ages and got nothing I thought the master cylinder was shot but once I undone the first banjo, fluid came through in a couple of pumps.

x.b.b.

Post by x.b.b. on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:45 pm

fozzy wrote:a syringe and a tube and push it through from bleed nipple, job done, if I  remember rightly the brake has to be pshed down..

+1 on the reverse bleed, but keep an eye on the reservoir as the brake fluid might spill over.
    dai 530

Post by dai 530 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Make sure u got free play on the push rod going in to the master cylinder if it s too tight u will never bleed it
    wolfy

Post by wolfy on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:22 pm

scratch thought the reverse bleed was more for the front brake & clutch, if the brake is down/on will it bleed that way?

Robert_G

Post by Robert_G on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:46 pm

fozzy wrote:a syringe and a tube and push it through from bleed nipple, job done, if I  remember rightly the brake has to be pshed down..

I tried that, it just shot the tube off and covered me in brake fluid.

Robert_G

Post by Robert_G on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm

simon wrote:Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, solution for me was to bleed it at the banjo bolt on the master cylinder first, then the other banjo on the caliper, then finally the bleed nipple. When I tried to bleed it at the nipple first off, I was pumping the pedal for what seemed like ages and got nothing I thought the master cylinder was shot but once I undone the first banjo, fluid came through in a couple of pumps.

I'll give that a go tomorrow, not sure why the vacuum pump hasn't worked though. It worked fine on other bikes and cars. There's is great pressure but nothing is coming through.

Robert_G

Post by Robert_G on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:55 pm

ryan rooster wrote:what bike you got

It's a KX 125.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 26, 2018 11:13 am