South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Cardiff.

3 posters

Go down

Hi from Cardiff.  Empty Hi from Cardiff.

Post by Taffmason Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:39 am

Hello guys,

I'm from Cardiff, and looking to get into offroading on my KTM adventure, Ive done a fair bit of offraod riding before but never on on trails around South Wales. I also have a young nephew with a dirtbike and nowhere to ride it, I want to set a good example to him and keep him on the straight and narrow, so if anyone has any advice on where I can go, or where I can legally take him, that would be great.

Thanks.

Taffmason

Back to top Go down

Hi from Cardiff.  Empty Re: Hi from Cardiff.

Post by steve Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi, Dont know what type of trails you're thinking of but a ktm adventure is a big old lump for some of the smaller trails.
What sort of off roading have you done?

There is a motorcross track at Ynysybwl that maybe sutiable for your nephew

http://www.tntracing.co.uk/mx_practise_tracks_ynysybwl.php
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:23 pm

orite ! biketrav on this forum as a ktm adventure ! e put u right !
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffmason Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 am

hi, thanks for the advice lads.

A few years back i had an old XR600 used it mostly around a forestry track and on flat feilds, didnt really have a clue what i was doing. I Rode Enduro a few times whilst in the Army on heavy old Harley Davidson 350s, again didnt really know what i was doing, and neither did the guys training us, it was more a case of whoever had a bike license had to do it. and occasionally could borrow a mates bike and head out with him on the army training area in Salisbury.

more recently ive been taking it a bit more seriously, trying to actually pick up some technique. and ive just finished a bike tour/expedition in Laos, started off in Vientiane, headed up to Luang Probang through the jungle and then north to visit and stay with some hill tribes for a while. in Laos i had an XR250 and did a bit on a friends honda dominator after that i  went on to do a little bit in the north of Vietnam and at the moment im riding down the length of Vietnam, to saigon, granted not on a dirtbike anymore, but most of the roads here are basically tracks unless you're on a highway.

i know the adventure is big and heavy, ive just always wanted one so when i came across one for sale, and i had the cash i bought it hahaha possibly a stupid mistake but we'll see...basically my plan is to learn to ride better and get a grip of it offroad, because i want to head off on a big overland trip from the UK to somewhere/anywhere when the time and money is right.

Taffmason

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth Gates Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:52 pm

. i wil get biketrav to pm you when i see him ! he has done been down the desert on his 640 and done some other overlanders ! e"s a tidy guy an nu should have a lot in common !
Gareth Gates
Gareth Gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffmason Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 am

thank you.

Taffmason

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down