South Wales Trail Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wr450 wiring help

3 posters

Go down

Wr450 wiring help Empty Wr450 wiring help

Post by Gilo-WRF Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm

So, what should of been a straightforward wheel swap from SM to dirt (there's a joke there somewhere), ive now encountered my final hurdle, the wiring or more specifically the brake light.

Front brake pressure switch has clearly been replaced in past. The back one I've just replaced as the contacts were sheared a the base of he plug.

Here's the BUT.... I don't know what to do, haynes don't recognise stop light/pressure switches downloaded yammi manual is no better.

The front feeds into the loom, but I can't see where the back leads should go... Any help is appreciated, some pics

This is an unused plug that shares the same colour wires as the front switch (feeds back into loom)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my new rear pressure switch (aftermarket so no plug) .. Do you reckon this belongs in the above mentioned plug???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gilo-WRF
Gilo-WRF

Back to top Go down

Wr450 wiring help Empty Re: Wr450 wiring help

Post by Dicky Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:25 am

Can't you use a multimeter to check theres continuity between the bulb holder and that multiplug ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There will be a live and an earth running to your brake light and the switch will just complete the circuit once pressure is applied to it
Dicky
Dicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilo-WRF Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, will do a continuity test tonight maybe, it was late last night when I started looking into it, I just hoped someone with WR knowhow could identify that plug for me.
Gilo-WRF
Gilo-WRF

Back to top Go down

Post by steve Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Cant help you there not even got brake lights. Old bike add everything as standard. Talk about penny pinching Rolling Eyes
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down