South Wales Trail Riders

over revving dt

Shepy aka THE DUKE

Re: over revving dt

Post by Shepy aka THE DUKE on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

geraint powell wrote:oh yea plenty of that miller lol! think i've found the problem after wriggling the carb out "worn float valve" and the powers that be at yamaha only sell the complete kit don't sell individual piece's so gotta fork out 32 quid affraid

breakers.....

ogri

Post by ogri on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 pm

a worn float valve would lead to fuel coming out of the overlow tube on the carb.

"hangin idle" is usually a result of an overly lean mixture hence the problem resolving itself when you use the choke.

does the throttle return quickly and fully? you would be amazed the symptoms that a single strand of frayed wire can cause in a control cable.

possiblity of a small hole or tear in the inlet manifold of a bike of that vintage due to the rubber perishing.start bike and spray WD around the whole of the inlet manifold and listen if the revs drop or increase.

geraint,i think it would be wise to investigate further before lashing out on parts that may ultimately prove superfluous.
    geraint

Post by geraint on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:16 pm

will check the throttle cable, and the other suggestions, i was going down the cross off the possible cause's list, hoping it does'nt get expensive, cheers for the advice everybody cheers

Last edited by geraint powell on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ralph

Post by Ralph on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Come on, how do you expect geraint to understand 'superfluous' that word is as long as wheelbarrow. :16:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:42 am